MONDO VULLO’s illustrations recipe :
– an idea
– a large range of beautiful background colours
– some nice fonts
– some geometric shapes with sharp lines
– a large dose of “vintage” influences (art deco, pop art, etc…)
– the same dose of modernity (digital)
– a touch of humor, or a play on words
– a spark of Rock ‘n Roll culture
– an illustrator (choose an old one with big glasses and sideburns)
– sheets of paper and sketchbooks
– roller ball pens, felts and coloured pencils
– a mouse with a small apple on its back
– a computer with the same small apple and design software inside
– a very good printing company (choose a local one)
- With the assortment of pens and pencils, get your idea onto a sheet of paper
or into a sketch book before it flies away.
- Then sit in front of the computer screen with the mouse in your right hand
and keep clicking for as long as necessary. (it might be a very very long time…)
- Be sure you make good use of all the ingredients listed above,
taking care to get the right mix of retro and modern.
- Then your illustration will appear – sooner or later – for you to send to your very good printer.
- Serve up on posters, postcards, aprons, doormats…
or any other object of your choice !